Kayaking trips often involve planning, packing, and accessories. This list outlines a few of the steps that go into a recreational kayaking trip:
– Check weather, tides and water conditions.
– Leave a float plan with family or friends.
– Charge electronic devices and store in waterproof containers prior to launching.
– Inspect kayaks, accessories, and vehicle mounts before and after kayaking.
– Adjust life jackets and paddle lanyards prior to launching.
The following checklist includes some of the most common equipment for recreational kayaking trips :
life jackets (PFDs)
cockpit skirts (optional)
small cooler with water, snacks
dry bag and zipper storage bags
hand held GPS unit